Strength training for sixty minutes, three times per week for six months can improve short and long term memory performance and attention as you age, according to a Brazilian study published by Medicine & Science in Sports and Exercise. The need to focus on technique/form when doing different lifts provides a cognitive challenge you may not get while doing repetitive exercises such as running.
I earned 261 points for my workout on Fitocracy!
Swimming +46 pts
- 0:03:20 || 132 m || 0 bpm || Freestyle (+46 pts)
Recreational Swimming +20 pts
- 0:10:00 || Casual laps (+12 pts)
- 0:10:00 || Splashing Around (+8 pts)
Hiking +142 pts
- 2:00:00 || Mountains! || 2 lb (+142 pts)
- Hiking/swimming/climbing with accioanna and brothad! Guys.. how far was that?
Rock Climbing +53 pts
- 0:10:00 || bouldering (+53 pts)
- Climbing waterfall number one and back out to the trail.
Think you can beat me, or want to comment?
So I love that I can post from Fitocracy to Tumblr… but I can’t post to my secondary blogs! Fitocracy: something to work on for the future here?
Anyways, I swam in the morning. 12 laps actually felt pretty good even though I kept getting interrupted by my dad for technique corrections (what he knows about swimming, I’m not too sure… ). And went hiking/climbing/swimming with Anna and Mr. Canada out at Decew Falls! It was really dry, and the climbs weren’t as hard as I remember (stilll challenging enough though, haha), nor was the water as high as it usually is at the main waterfall. Either way, it was lots of fun. Anna I’m gonna miss you when I go awaaayy! :(